The LE consists of fourteen papers. There are two modes of examination for LE Papers i.e., Computer-based Examination (CBE) and Paper-based Examination (PBE).All examination papers will be offered in both English and Chinese, and examination questions will be set in a multiple-choice (MC) format. LE papers are offered on a monthly basis except for Paper 4, Paper 10 and Paper 15. The LEs for Papers 4 and 10 are conducted on a quarterly basis, usually in March, June, September and December. The LEs for Paper 15 is conducted on a bimonthly basis, usually in January, March, May, July, September and November. However, the number of examination sessions may be increased to meet demand, if necessary. For the latest examination dates and enrolment deadlines, please refer to the examination timetables available at the HKSI Institute counter and/or on its website.
|Examination Papers||No. of MC Questions||Duration (minutes)||Passing Mark||Examination Fees|
|Paper 1||Fundamentals of Securities and Futures Regulation||60||90||70%||HK$1060|
|Paper 2||Regulation of Securities||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
|Paper 3||Regulation of Derivatives||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
|Paper 4||Regulation of Credit Rating Services||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
|Paper 5||Regulation of Corporate Finance||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
|Paper 6||Regulation of Asset Management||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
|Paper 7||Financial Markets||60||90||70%||HK$800|
|Paper 10||Credit Rating Services||40||60||70%||HK$800|
|Paper 11||Corporate Finance||40||90||70%||HK$800|
|Paper 12||Asset Management||40||60||70%||HK$800|
|Paper 15||Sponsors (Principals)||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
|Paper 16||Sponsors (Representatives)||40||60||70%||HK$1150|
* The LE does not comprise Paper 13 and Paper 14.
SFC Guidelines on Competence
- Computer Based Exam Handbook
- Paper Based Examination Handbook http://www.hksi.org/hksi/upload/com_rightmenus/download/en/38/LE_PBE_Exam_Handbook_eng.pdf
- Method 1 You can purchase the E-study Manual physically at the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute.
- Method 2 You can download the E-Study Manual only after you have enrolled in the corresponding exam. You can download it under the candidate history section in the OES (Online Enrollment System).
OES (Online Enrollment System)
- Method 1
Fill in the enrollment form and mail it to Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Computer Based Examination Enrollment Form http://www.hksi.org/hksi/upload/com_rightmenus/download/en/37/CBE_Enrolment_Form.pdf
- Paper Based Examination Enrollment Form http://www.hksi.org/hksi/upload/com_rightmenus/download/en/37/CBE_Enrolment_Form.pdf
- Method 2
You can enroll physically at the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
- Method 3 You can enroll online through the OES (Online Enrollment System)